After Dallen and I got back from our cruise in May, we decided that it'd be best if I found a job for the summer. The debate in getting a job was because we liked the sounds of me being able to travel with Dallen to work a lot, and I could see him every week for a whole summer! We don't have kids right now and I'm not in schooling so it'd work out perfect since this will probably be the last summer like this... After talking about what we would LIKE to do and what we SHOULD do, we both agreed that a job for me would be best. So I typed up a resume and started looking around for openings. KSL job list wasn't much help so I googled a bunch of dental offices close by and spent a day delivering my resumes to them. Most offices were satisfied with what they had already and weren't looking for new employees. I didn't feel like I had much luck with the delivering method so the next day I decided to make phone calls instead, to ask if they had any openings.... and I had one call that said YES! They were looking for a full time dental assistant for a general dentist and that's just what I was looking for! I emailed them my resume and the next morning they called back wanting an interview. I iterviewed for over an hour with the office manager and later that night he called wanting me to come in the next morning for a 'trial day'. I didn't have any of my scrubs with me in Lehi so I called Kaitlin and she let me borrow some that she had.
So, Thursday the 17th of May was my first day walking into the office and things went really good! They asked me to come back for Friday and wanted me to work there for a week to see if I could keep the job. I was way excited about the trial week and really wanted to keep the job. When I went back to the office on Monday, I was offered the job plus a dental assitant schooling at no extra cost. The dentist would have me do an in-office-training (as if I was in dental assisting school) and let me still be on the clock which was awesome! I accepted the offer and since then I have been working full time for Dr. Chris M. Jolley.
I have worked as a dental assistant for a month now and am really enjoying what I do. I have been learning A LOT from the training that Dr. Jolley is having me do which is awesome! Dr. Jolley has given me some great compliments so I feel like he is pleased with my work. Being in the dental setting makes me excited to graduate in 2 years as a hygienist and the things I'm learning now will definitely give me a great start in schooling. I'm very lucky to have found the job that I did and for being able to start so quickly! I might be working part time in the fall when I go back to school at UVU and will for sure be done working when I start the hygiene program at UCDH in January. Until then, most of my time will be spent working here and saving up for more schooling :)
Awesome. Congrats!! what an awesome way to get into the feild of your dreams and still be able to get some good schooling and hands on done!! SO proud of you and what you bring to the proctor family!!! Congrats!!!
ReplyDelete