Saturday, February 11, 2012

Region Wrestling at MHS!

This past weekend I traveled to my home town to watch Hunter in the region wrestles. It has been a really long time since Monticello has had the opportunity to host the region tournament, so it was a privelage for our team to have region in our home gym this year. I get really excited each time I have the chance to see my family and it makes my trip that much better when I get to watch my siblings in their sports and activities! Hunter has always been way fun to watch in wrestling because he is so quick, strong, humble, and finishes out on top! This past season has been a struggle for him as he has had to miss out on 8+ weeks of practice and tournaments due to his elbow injury. The doctors weren't sure if he'd be able to wrestle at all this season, so the fact that he was on the mat today was an answer to many prayers and a blessing for us all. I feel that sports are something that brings my family closer together as we travel to different games, matches, meets, tournaments, duals, etc. to support each other. I was so happy I was able to come and watch Hunter. He did AWESOME!
On Friday night, 6 of the wrestlers came over to our house and my mom and I died their hair black! The team usually does something every year with their hair and this was the vote for the 2011-2012 season's region and state style. From left to right, Jake Jiles, PJ Leiataua, Eric Anderson, Austin Wilcox, Hunter Bowring, and Justin Redd.
As you can see, Hunter went out on the mat with a determination to win each time. He gave everything he had no matter the difficulty of the match... And check out those muscles!
One of the reasons I love Monticello wrestling is because of the support and energy the coaches, athletes, parents, and community give. The Adair family has played a huge role in building the program and their efforts have greatly impacted the town. As you can see in the picture below, Monticello Buckaroo pride is strong, full of energy, and nobody is afraid to show it. We are proud of our wrestlers and proud to say we are from MHS!
Hunter made it to the finals and came out on the mat with fire. His battle for the championship title was against a returning state champion, Jori Owens from Panguitch High School. They battled back and forth the entire match and I can't describe how intense my family and I became as we were cheering Hunter on. They both wrestled very hard and tough! Hunter ended up taking 2nd place and I am so proud of him for that! It is amazing that he performed so well, especially after being injured for the season and just returned to practice the week before Region!
As a team, the Buckaroos took the region tournament for the 6th year in a row! Way to go Monticello Wrestlers!! Good luck at STATE!

1 comment:

  1. Love the updates! The house is looking awesome! ... And these are fantastic pictures from region! I totally needed these for my post :) it was so fun to see you! ...it needs to happen more often. Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete