Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Be Mine Valentine

Februaru 14, 2012 was the first Valentines holiday that Dallen and I were able to spend together as Husband and Wife :) I love this man so much and I wanted to surprise him with something fun so I decorated and cleaned the house, made a dinner, wrote him a card, and anxiously waited for him to come home from work. Dallen has been working in Oregon the past couple of work cycles and so it was fun for him to come home ON Valentines Day after being gone for 8 days. Here are a couple of pics of the house and the dinner we had....
I made home made breadsticks the day before Dallen came home just in case it took longer than I expected. Thank you Young Women's for teaching me this recipe! They turned out delicious!
A couple of shots of decorations from around the house...
I love these two pictures....probably among my top favorites from our wedding (The picture of the dress was a shot I took and developed for my film photography class last semester)
The dinner table......and more decor...

The lasagna and salad turned out great as well as the drinks and dessert! It was fun to have a candle lit dinner and to be able to sit across from my best friend and talk to him in the walls of our home.
The next morning I wanted to do a valentines breakfast as well so I made pink crepes with pudding and strawberries with whipped cream on top. Dallen wanted to help me so I told him to make the pudding. He thought it'd be a fun idea to color the pudding pink as well so he put the coloring in, and as soon as he started mixing the pudding he realized the color was green instead of the red food coloring! hahaha We had a great laugh over this and ended up having pink crepes with green pudding inside of them :)
Although the colors were a little off, the crepes tased great!
I am grateful for Holidays like Valentine's Day because it is an extra reminder of the amazing friends and family that I have. I love my family so much and appreciate the great examples they are to me. I COULDN'T have chosen better parents to raise me, better siblings to grow up with, a better husband to be by my side throughout all eternity, better in-laws, grandparents to lead the way, friends to make memories with, etc. I am thankful for the love that I feel from each of these individuals and for the happiness they bring into my life. I am very blessed and full of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment