Throughout my life growing up I watched my Great-Grandma Sonderegger piece together quilts and sew projects all the time. She always amazes me with her work. I made a couple of quilts with her in elementary school and high school and so she was the one that taught me how to sew and work with material. I’m not anywhere near the talent that she has, and probably never will be, but I am grateful for the things that she did teach me. I have been able to do many things with the knowledge she has passed down to me and I hope to only improve.
Anyways, during the school break I wanted to do some sort of a project with the new sewing machine that I got for Christmas, so I decided to put the ‘Cousin Quilt’ together. This past summer at the Proctor reunion, all the girls brought a 12x12 piece of material they liked and we traded them with everyone. It was fun to see what patterns of materials that everyone picked out and to have a project to put together.




Dallen helped me decide what order to put the different materials and then I sewed them together. It was fun trying out the different stitches on my sewing machine so I decided to put a couple boarders around everything…

After I got the top part pieced together I couldn’t remember how to bind everything together with the back and batting so I called up Grandma Joy and she said she would help me. We went shopping together, bought batting and material went back to the house and got everything ready to sew. If you don’t know, Grandma Joy has a cabin in her back yard with an awesome sewing machine that allows you to sew any pattern you want to. She taught me how to use it and I had a lot of fun spending time with her. I enjoyed making this quilt and look forward to more projects in the future. Thank you for everyone that contributed the material and for the amazing grandma's that taught me what I know.
Dallen helped me decide what order to put the different materials and then I sewed them together. It was fun trying out the different stitches on my sewing machine so I decided to put a couple boarders around everything…
After I got the top part pieced together I couldn’t remember how to bind everything together with the back and batting so I called up Grandma Joy and she said she would help me. We went shopping together, bought batting and material went back to the house and got everything ready to sew. If you don’t know, Grandma Joy has a cabin in her back yard with an awesome sewing machine that allows you to sew any pattern you want to. She taught me how to use it and I had a lot of fun spending time with her. I enjoyed making this quilt and look forward to more projects in the future. Thank you for everyone that contributed the material and for the amazing grandma's that taught me what I know.
Your quilt looks great!
ReplyDelete