Friday, August 12, 2011

Dutch Ovens, Smores, and....Home-made Diapers

Friday night we decided to have a little camp out before I traveled back home from the fair week. My family, Amber, Daniel, Kaylie, Parker and I found a spot on the mountain to make some dinner, roast some smores, relax a little, and laugh a lot!




The marshmallows that we roasted were HUGE but everyone enjoyed them and it put smiles on our faces... including Parker!

When we arrived and just got things set up we realized there was a problem... The diaper bag was forgotten and little Parker had a stinky bum. We looked throughout all the vehicles and couldn't find much, but we managed to come up with some paper towels and a Wal Mart bag!

I'm not so sure that Parker liked our "home-made" diaper but after a while he was full of smiles and back to being the happy boy that he is. As for the rest of us, we all had a great laugh at our craftiness!


The dinner was great with dutch oven potatoes, hot dogs, and watermelon. It was fun having everyone company to sit around the camp fire and catch up with one another. Just wish Hunter and Dallen could have been here too.

Kaylie was feeling good and kept making funny faces at the camera. :) We had a good laugh with her entertaining us and reminding us every now and then that there was cow ''pooooop'' on the ground.


Kaylie is my dad's little shadow everywhere he goes. He's about the only one that can make her laugh and smile if she is mad or upset. It was fun to watch her interact with him tonight.


Oh I love being with my family in the outdoors! I grew up around the campfire in the mountains and trees. So many memories have been made here with them and have brought us together as a family. It is something that we all enjoy and I know we will continue spending time here with one another. Thank you for the great times! We all had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment