Sunday, July 24, 2011

All Is Well, All Is Well

Today in church we had a program by the choir in honor and gratitude for the pioneers that settled the Salt Lake Valley. The choir sang some really beautiful songs and told stories of the pioneer families. It brought tears to everyone's eyes. We were reminded of the sacrifices they made and the strong faith that they had to keep journeying on in hopes to someday find a place called Zion. I am forever grateful for their efforts and especially for my direct ancestors who came along with the pioneers. I hope to follow their example in believing that "All Is Well, All Is Well".


This picture is one that hung in my home growing up and is a good reminder of the angels that do attend us at our hardest trials in life.


The movie 17 miracles just came out into theaters and is now one of my favorite church history movies. The picture above reminds me of when it describes and shows the need for food so much that the women would gather cow and buffalo chips for their fires.


It never fails to touch my heart when I hear of the men who helped their companies cross the frozen rivers. I can't imagine being there to watch as they willingly carried across many children, wives, husbands, grandparents, and friends. What faithful servants they were.


One of my favorite songs that was sung in the program at church is called, Somewhere There's a Mountain. A little blond girl about 7 years old with her front teeth missing sang the whole song herself. It was very spiritual and made me cry. I found the song on you tube so here is the link if anyone would like to listen... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMfHeLdpnJw&feature=related

Another favorite song that I heard was called, One Who Understands. I found a link for this one as well... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1EXpwMbIU0&feature=related


I hope that each year as we celebrate the 24th of July that we will be able to remember why we are celebrating. The pioneers are great examples of hard work, faith, and enduring to the end. I hope to become more like them and always keep my faith in the Lord, Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment