Saturday, June 26, 2010

Miss San Juan Contest


So this past week I have been learning new dances, how to walk in high heels, how to hold a flower, how to answer questions, the correct posture and outfit for an interview, and all the other pageant things that I don't know...which is pretty much everything! :) It is interesting to me that things such as this could be so complicated and I have found that I am not as coordinated and elegant as I once thought I was. One thing that I was able to do from my own habits though, was to laugh at my mistakes, have fun along the way, and make new friends. Kara Redd, Jennifer Toomey, Brooke Bowring, Haley Parker and I all ran for the title of Miss San Juan. I had a lot of fun getting to know more about each of these girls, to make new friendships, and to strengthen old ones.


Somehow both of the Bowring girls ended up with shirts that say "Save Me" on them. What a coincidence that there were only 2 shirts that were the same and we were the ones to get them. I think they fit us perfectly with our sense of humor and the fact that WE were in a PAGEANT! Our names and the word pageant along with modeling in high heels, make up, and dancing should not be in the same sentence.... haha we thought it was great. Brooke is and amazing girl that can play the piano like a pro! I love her sense of humor and ability to laugh at herself. She is someone I look up to that has high values and a super fun personality in life! Thank you Brooke for sharing your talents with me. You're amazing and I love you!


Early Friday we each had the interview portion of the pageant and then later on the talent portion. It was good to be interviewed and as they say... practice makes perfect. I definitely need a lot more practice but it was good. I was contestant #3 and sang "Small Town Girl" by Kellie Pickler. I was awarded the 2nd attendant, and Brooke got 1st attendant as well as the best talent award! And Kara Redd was crouned as Miss San Juan. I'm really excited for the fair, parades, laughter, and fun we're all about to have together! A big thanks to those who helped put the pageant together and spent the time teaching us how to do... well pretty much EVERYTHING we needed to know to participate in a pageant. It was all new to me :)


I'm thankful for the wonderful mothers and women I have to look up to in my family. Each one of them has always supported me in all of my activities and I owe them a HUGE thanks for their love and support. There are different traits in each one of them I would like to someday aquire when I 'grow up' and have a family of my own!


I am also very thankful for all of my cousins that keep our family alive and laughing. Aren't they the best?!... I think so! .....(And yes Hunter, this is the last picture we have to take with you today. Life is going to be okay!) ;)

Thank you mom and dad for supporting me in all I do and for being the great examples you are. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment